ActiveX-like embedding of applications in OpenOffice.org?
I'm working on the problem of embedding applications in an OpenOffice docking window --- similar to the new API inside Word which allows to embed ActiveX applications in a task pane.
I just started “hacking” on the problem and I decided to try whether I can embed a Java Applet inside an OpenOffice.org docking window.
Well I “hacked” :-) the Navigator --- which is a docking window --- and reused some code from the sj module and here it is:
However there a some --- severe --- open problems:
- Focus: The framework knows nothing about XEMBED_REQUEST_FOCUS, etc
So there is a focus problem when the applet is running in "docked" mode. (Maybe this is also the problem why the OOoBean is not working so good?)
- Need to clone the Navigator code...
- Resize problem and other events. Currently the embedded app is not notified
about resize events.
- Need to define an API to get link between embedded aps and the custom
- Some "solar mutex" problems as always :-)
- ▼ June (2)